Wednesday, March 26, 2014
I wasn't entirely aware of the Liebster Award until Kim from Pretty Slick Chick nominated me, thank you so much pretty lady!! Since I wasn't all that familiar with the award I headed over to her blog to find out the details. Basically, the Liebster Award is a blogger recognizing another newer blogger for inspiring them and commending them on having an enjoyable blog! I am so thrilled and honored to have receive this award!
Here are the Rules:
1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award
2. Answer the eleven questions the blogger gives you
3. Give eleven random facts about you, they can be anything!
4. Nominated eleven blogs that you think are deserving of the award (they must have less than 200 followers)
5. Let the bloggers know you nominated them
6. Give them eleven questions to answer
QUESTIONS FROM KIM:
Why did you start blogging?
When I was a freshman in college I would watch Youtube beauty gurus and frequent fashion blogs and lookbook.nu and became totally inspired by everyone's style and confidence to put themselves out there. I started blogging back in the fall of 2013 as a way to explore my personal style, utilize a creative outlet, and network with other fashion lovers like myself! It's honestly opened up so many opportunities for me, has given me more confidence, and has been so much fun!
Describe your style in three words.
Chic, whimsical, ecclectic
What is your favorite guilty pleasure?
So I really love J-Lo as an actress...I could watch Monster in Law and Maid in Manhattan and the Wedding Planner again and again.
If your life were made into a movie, who would you cast to play you?
I've always identified more with French New Wave actresses, perhaps because the characters are always so lost and passionate. So let's go with Anna Karina.
What do you like to do on the weekends?
I love sleeping in! I always have to wake up early Monday-Friday so my weekends are when I can stay up as late as I want and go dancing or see friends and then sleep past 11am the next day.
Favorite TV show right now.
I don't have cable in my house so I tend to watch shows on Netflix. I've been really into the original series of Star Trek right now haha. It has the perfect mixture of science, technology, and mystery (kind of like The Twilight Zone). And it's all about adventures and friendship!
Heels or Flats?
Flats. I'm usually late wherever I go and need to be prepared to run. I'm also pretty clumsy.
What is your biggest pet-peeve?
The public transportation in Pittsburgh...the buses either aren't running or they're late or early. It's so frustrating!
If you could travel back in time where/when would you go?
I want to say the 1960s when movies were incredible, YSL came out with Le Smoking, art and music was so progressive and influential or to the Library of Alexandria before it burnt down or at any point when I could have met Carl Sagan. But honestly, I'd go back to my senior year of high school and spend more time with my grandmother before she passed away and let her know how much I loved her and appreciated her.
What's on your shopping wish list right now?
Jelly shoes, dresses, and high-waisted shorts! I am in complete Spring/Summer mode right now. Anything that isn't pants or boots I am excited for!
Would you rather be a wizard or a super hero?
I watched a lot of witch movies when I was little...you know "Teen Witch" or the Mary Kate and Ashley "Double Double Toil and Trouble" or "Practical Magic" and "Hocus Pocus." So I'd have to say wizard.
ELEVEN RANDOM FACTS:
1. I like my coffee black
2. I'm obsessed with anything Space or Carl Sagan related
3. My favorite poets are e.e. cummings and Pablo Neruda
4. I changed my major three times before I stuck with Global Cultural Studies
5. I love love love shoes
6. I have three tattoos
7. I'm a natural redhead
8. I have one younger sister...we're only 16 months apart
9. I love animals, especially dogs
10. I'm moving to LA in June (!!!!!)
11. I love the ocean and swimming
I AM ALEENA
Feel the Beat
M&M Fashion Bites
Melodic Thrifty & Chic
this is screaming photo opportunity
The Style Bender
QUESTIONS FOR THEM:
1. What's the story behind your blog name?
2. Where are your favorite places to shop?
3. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
4. What is your "go-to" outfit?
5. What book(s) are you currently reading?
6. Who is your favorite fashion icon?
7. Coffee or Tea?
8. What are your plans for Summer?
9. What beauty product do you splurge the most on?
10. What is the last concert you've been to?
11. What do you look for in a blog?
Thank you so much again Kim for the nomination! I am so honored and I look forward to seeing what the bloggers I've nominated have to say!